Protecting your personal information is our priority. This is in line with your rights to privacy found under the Constitution and the Protection of personal information Act, 2013 (POPIA).
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of your personal information (including special personal information) by the Premier group of companies (hereinafter referred to as “Premier”).This Privacy Statement sets out how Premier processes the personal information you provide to us or which we may collect from third parties.
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, unless otherwise noted, all references to Premier includes a reference to all the Premier group of companies, including Premier FMCG (Pty) Limited subsidiaries.
To view the comprehensive list of the abovementioned parties please make application for access to this listing by following the procedure set out under the Premier PAIA Manual accessible by clicking this hyperlink https://www.premierfmcg.com/PAIA-Manual.aspx
The provisions of this Privacy Statement are subject to mandatory, unalterable provisions of applicable laws.
It is important that you read this Privacy Statement carefully before submitting any personal information to Premier. By submitting any personal information to Premier you provide consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
The submission of personal information to Premier is voluntary. Please do not submit any personal information to Premier if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the provisions of this Privacy Statement, or parts of the Privacy Statement, Premier may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
Where you provide Premier with the personal information of third parties you should take steps to inform the third party that you need to disclose their details to us, identifying us. We will process their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Amendment of this Privacy Statement
Premier may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of new systems, methods of operation, services, products, property offerings or facilities;
- to comply with changes to any legal or regulatory requirement;
- to ensure that this Privacy Statement is clearer or more favourable to you;
- to rectify any mistake that may be discovered from time to time; and/or
- for any other reason which Premier, in its sole discretion, may deem reasonable or necessary.
Any such amendment will come into effect and become part of any agreement you have with Premier when notice is given to you of the change by publication on our website. It is your responsibility to check the website often.
Privacy and Indemnity
Premier takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information very seriously, and we will only use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection legislation. It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your personal information yourself (for example, by ensuring that all passwords and access codes are kept secure).
We have implemented reasonable technical and operational measures to keep your personal information secure.
You hereby indemnify and hold Premier harmless from any loss, damages or injury that you may incur as a result of any unintentional disclosures of your personal information to unauthorised persons or the provision of incorrect or incomplete personal information to Premier.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information relates to an identifiable natural person and an identifiable juristic person and includes your name, race, sex, your contact details, biometrics, skills and qualifications, employment history, bank account details, and where applicable, information about your health, your family members and your personal preferences and opinions.
What is Processing?
Processing means the collection, use, and further processing, storage, verification, collating, and sharing of your personal information.
Personal Information Which Premier May Process
Premier may process the following information about you:
- your name, address, contact details, date of birth, place of birth, identity number, passport number, bank details, details about your employment, tax number and financial information;
- records of correspondence or enquiries from you or anyone acting on your behalf;
- details of transactions you carry out with us;
- details of contracts, sales or leases you carry out with us;
- sensitive or special categories of personal information, including biometric information, such as images, fingerprints and voiceprints.
If this personal information is not provided, then Premier may be unable to engage or deal with you.
How Premier Collects Information
You may provide personal information to us either directly or indirectly by completing an application for our products and services or requesting further information about our products and services, whether in writing, through our website, over the telephone or any other means.
We may also collect your personal information from your appointed agent, any regulator, or other third party that may hold such information.
Why Does Premier Require Your Personal Information?
There are a number of reasons why Premier will need to use and process your personal information such as:
- to enable Premier to comply with a variety of laws such as tax laws, labour laws, anti-money laundering and corruption laws and other business laws which are applicable to the goods and services which Premier provides and offers;
- to meet our responsibilities to you;
- for the sending of marketing communications by means of electronic communication, telephonically or in any other manner and other marketing purposes;
- to create an account, administer your account and for processing of payments for products and/or services;
- to provide customer service;
- to personalise your experience;
- to provide products and services and to maintain our customer relationships;
- to improve the safety, security and quality of our products and services;
- for the development of new products, to provide updates and other information regarding our products;
- to process your personal information for other ordinary business purposes;
- to transfer (or process) your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa to such countries that may not offer the same level of data protection as the Republic of South Africa, including for cloud storage purposes and the use of any of our websites;
- to comply with lawful requests for information received from local or foreign law enforcement, government and tax collection agencies;
- to record and/or monitor your telephone calls and electronic communications to/with Premier in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, to use as evidence and in the interests of crime prevention;
- to conduct market research and provide you with information about Pemier’s offerings from time to time via email, telephone or other means (for example, events);
- where you have unsubscribed from certain direct marketing communications, to ensure that we do not sent such direct marketing to you again;
- to disclose your personal information to third parties for reasons set out in this Privacy Statement or where it is not unlawful to do so; and
- to improve or evaluate the effectiveness of our business or products, services or offerings.
Who will Premier share your personal information with?
Premier will, from time to time, disclose and /or discuss relevant aspects of your personal information with certain persons (“recipients”) on a need to know basis, such as:
- within the Premier group of companies for purposes of data processing, direct marketing or storage;
- business partners, service providers, authorised third-party agents to provide a requested service or transaction. This will include, but not limited to, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, post-sales support and providing customer support.
- local and foreign governmental bodies and regulators such as the Department of Labour if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or if required in terms of an applicable law;
- the Premier medical and pension fund administrators;
- clients of Premier and Premier specific service providers who are providing Premier with various services, so that they may share information with you about their products or services;
- when requested or required by a prospective buyer or seller of any of our businesses or assets;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Premier, our clients or other third parties; and/or
- to your agent or any other person acting on your behalf;
- to prevent or curtail the outbreak of any disease or pandemic; and/or
- if we notify you and you consent to the sharing of your personal information.
The disclosure of this personal information will be conducted on a confidential basis and subject to the recipients agreeing to also comply with the provisions of POPIA.
Premier will only disclose your personal information if:
- it is permitted or required by law;
- Premier has a public duty to disclose the personal information;
- it is in Premier’s or your legitimate interest to disclose it; or
- you have consented to the disclosure of the personal information.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Premier holds your personal information in a secure environment in accordance with all relevant legislation.
Further Processing, Direct Marketing and Opt-Out & Unsubscribe Options
Premier and / or its selected service providers will, from time to time, further process your personal information for the purpose of informing and providing you with Premier and third party lifestyle products and other beneficial optional products. Should you not want to receive communications pertaining to these services, goods and / or benefits whether provided by Premier or by other service providers, please provide us with a detailed opt out regarding these communications by contacting us here:
- by following the instructions included in each promotional email from Premier to unsubscribe from that particular email.
- by sending us a message through email to customercare@PremierFMCG.com. Please be sure to include your name, email address and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
- for short message services (“SMS”), by replying “STOP” to the SMS text message you have received.
Premier, like other websites, uses tools such as automatic data collection (“Cookies”), embedded web links and web beacons. This collects certain information that your browser sends to our website.
These tools may also collect information about:
- your IP address. This entails a number which is automatically assigned to your computer / device every time you connect to the internet.
- clickstream behaviour. This will include, as an example, pages you have viewed and the links you have clicked. This helps Premier to make our website easier and more efficient when you visit. This will also provide you with a customised experience and recognise when you return to our website.
Retention of your Information
We may retain your personal information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will only retain it if we are permitted or required to do so in terms of applicable laws.
However, as a general rule, we will retain your information in accordance with retention periods set out in applicable laws, unless we need to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose. (For example, for the purposes of complaints handling, legal processes and proceedings.)
Objection to processing of, access to, correction and deletion of your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (PAIA).
Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge.
If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by Premier, please review our PAIA Manual located at https://www.premierfmcg.com/PAIA-Manual.aspx.
You may request the correction of personal information Premier holds about you. Please ensure that the information we hold about you is complete, accurate and up to date. If you fail to keep your information updated, or if your information is incorrect, Premier may limit the products and services offered to you or elect not to do business with you.
You have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of and, where applicable, to obtain restriction on the processing of personal information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information where the processing is carried out in order to protect our legitimate interests or your legitimate interests, unless the law provides for such processing.
Should you believe that Premier has utilised your personal information contrary to applicable laws, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Premier.
If you are not satisfied with such process, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below:
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
Premier welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you believe that Premier has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Address: Building 5, Maxwell Office Park, Magwa Crescent, Waterfall City, Midrand
Email Address: Legal@PremierFMCG.com
Telephone number: 011 565 4309
Changes to this Statement
Premier will occasionally update this Privacy statement and encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Premier is protecting your information.
By providing Premier with your personal information, you consent to Premier processing and further processing your personal information as and where required, provided that Premier will always ensure that such processing is done in a lawful and legitimate manner and in line with this Privacy statement and the provisions as set-out under POPIA.
Date of last update: 22 June 2020